Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
- Avalanche Press added two new preorders: Battles of 1866: Frontier Battles covering battles between Austria and Prussia during that period, and Infantry Attacks: Fall of Empires, covering Eastern Front World War I action.
- Compass Games has acquired the rights to a new game called The War, another strategic level simulation of World War II. Although that's something that's been done to death, they are making it sound interesting. You can find out more here.
- GMT Games published a news update. You can read it yourself, but one thing to note is that reprints of Here I Stand, Paths of Glory, Manoeuvre, Flying Colors, and Sword of Rome are scheduled to be published throughout next month.
- Lock 'N Load added Heroes of the Faith to their preorder page. Covers battles in 1973 vs Israel and Syria along the Golan Heights.
Friday, August 20, 2010
- MMP has a brand new website. Much improved. The pre-order numbers weren't able to be transferred though, so if you had pre-ordered a game with them, you'll need to do so again. I believe there are several new products there, but I can't really be sure. You'll just have to take a look yourself!
- DDH Games has opened pre-orders up for The Battle of Gettysburg. This is the second game in a series, but there's not really a lot of information on how well people like either of the two games, so it's hard to say whether it's worth getting.
- Decision Games shipped Strategy and Tactics Issue 264 a week or so ago (maybe a bit longer). Not sure how I missed it. It covers the battle of Shiloh.
- Turning Point Simulations also updated their website. They aren't listed on this site, at least not until they come out with a game, but they are planning to release 21 games based of the 'Twenty Decisive Battles of the World'. There are some very interesting games there, but it really depends on the first one coming out to decide how successful they will be.
- GMT Games is charging for Germantown 1777 and Dominant Species next week, and will be shipping soon after. If you're interested in either, you may want to get your pre-orders in now!
Friday, August 13, 2010
- Lock N' Load Games added two new items to their P500 page. First up is World at War: Paris is Burning which adds the French to the mix. The French are looking solely to protect their homeland, and will be fighting both NATO and the Warsaw Pact forces in the game. Secondly, they've added Line of Fire #8, their in-house magazine. Scenarios and counters for all their games, which is a great deal if you are a fan of their products.
- MMP's Operations Special Issue #3 is in print, and can be ordered off their website. Lots of great stuff in there, from the looks of it. They also have begun shipping of King Philip's War.
Again, I believe that's it! Have a great weekend!
Friday, August 6, 2010
- Avalanche Press had a busy week. Polish Steel is now available... which could mean it's shipping or in production (they are never quite clear). A New Panzer Grenadier Supplement, Go For Broke (featuring some of America's toughest fighters in the later years of WWII) is available for order. Rome at War: Fading Legions is back in print, this time with cardstock maps.
- L2 has begun shipping Grand Fleet! Many people have doubted it would ever happen, I'm lead to believe, so it's great to see L2 finally release something. Apparently, there's talk that they will be reprinting an old Avalon Hill game, but no word as to which game.
- Operations Special Issue #3 is in print, and should be available after WBC. This should cover a variety of MMP's games, as well as include two IGS games. I'll have more information at some point.
Also, I received my issue of Against the Odds #29, including the game Buffalo Wings.
Going to Vegas next week! Also, I'm unpacked enough to start dreaming about playing games again. Every day I get closer to having a non-news post come up makes me more and more excited!